01 December 2008

Philippine Ballet Theatre's ANDRES

Monday, December 01, 2008 by Chelo ·
Labels: , ,
Philippine Ballet Theater presented "Andres", the story of one of our Philippine heroes, Andres Bonifacio set to dance. It was shown on the last weekend of November at the CCP Main Theater.

I enjoyed the show, seeing it from the eyes of a Filipino. Admittedly, the younger dancers were "young" in their acting, perhaps, not having experienced too many moments of angst enough to capture the pain of our countrymen of old. Nevertheless, the tableaux, not just the literal one, did its job.

I was proud to see my student, Charmaine Bianca Perez, now several performances more mature. Her technique, of course, was flawless, as is so Bianca.

I was disturbed that the audience was not as numerous as the show deserved. No matter what justification goes behind the scenes, the many empty chairs speak for themselves.

Congratulations Philippine Ballet Theater. May our countrymen love the Philippines and our culture because of your efforts.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
December 2, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Hi Teacher Chelo!
How I wish I could've watched Charmaine, too!
I miss you! See you soon :-)

guess who!
(hint: she's coming back in 13 days!)

Share your thoughts